Tattoo Pre-care Instructions:
Tattoo Aftercare Instructions:
- Make sure you eat a GOOD meal before coming to the shop. Not just a "bag of chips," but a REAL meal. You burn calories while being tattooed, so you need to consume a lot to be able to make it through the whole sitting without feeling dizzy. We don't want you to pass out!
- Shower and have the area to be tattooed all clean and prepared.
- Stay sober the night before! If you have a wild drunken night, you will feel like HELL during your tattoo sitting.
- Have a restful and adequate night's sleep!
Most Important Factors in Healing a Tattoo:
- Gently remove bandage 1-2 hours after procedure.
- Wash tattoo using clean hands and antibacterial pump soap, such as Dial or Softsoap.
- Pat dry using a clean paper towel and allow to air dry.
- Let it breathe.
- If needed, massage a very small amount of fragrance-free lotion, like Curel, onto the tattoo.
- Cleanliness (never touch with dirty hands).
- Allow it to breathe.
- Light moisture.
- Protect it from the sun.
- No additional trauma to the skin.
- No water logging or soaking in a bathtub or swimming in a pool.
- Call if you have any additional questions. 978-744-9393
Also check out our two articles on Getting your first tattoo, which has some more information about preparing for your tattoo as well as the logistics of getting tattooed: Part 1
and Part 2